Professional Representation Designed With The Needs Of Health Care Professionals In Mind
The operational landscape for physicians, physician groups, psychologists, physical therapists and other professionals and practices has never been more complex. Not only are the standards of patient care extremely high and under tremendous scrutiny, but the way in which physicians and other health care professionals operate their practices is constantly analyzed and subject to scrutiny by government enforcement authorities and private insurance companies.
At Williamson Health Law, we are committed to helping physicians, other professionals and their practices navigate the most complicated aspects of the business side of practicing medicine. With more than 20 years of experience handling matters in many nuanced areas of practice for clients throughout metro Detroit, Michigan, and nationwide, our attorneys have the insight and knowledge needed to protect you and your business. We tailor our services to your specific needs. We can assist you on a one-time basis or for an ongoing period.
Representing Many Types Of Providers
You do not have to navigate the legal complexities of your practice alone. Allow us to guide you so that you can focus on your patients. We assist a wide range of provider types with their legal needs, such as:
- Physicians and physician groups
- Psychologists and other mental health professionals
- Physical therapists
These are just a few examples of the many types of providers we represent. We look forward to discussing your practice with you in order to tailor an approach specific to your needs.
Comprehensive Legal Services For A Strong Practice
Our goal is to keep your practice running smoothly by avoiding problems, keeping compliance matters up to date and assisting you with well-planned transactions. We pride ourselves on the depth of our knowledge in many key aspects of health care law, including:
- Outside general counsel – We often work with in-house counsel or act as general counsel for practices that do not have a permanent legal team.
- Corporate and transactional matters – While your services are designed for your patients, your business is the core of the operation. We confidently handle all types of business-related challenges that your practice may face.
- Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, fraud and abuse – We counsel clients in structuring arrangements that are compliant with Stark and the Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Regulatory analysis – We advise clients regarding the many laws and regulations that affect their practices such as reimbursement issues, voluntary disclosures and record retention.
- Compliance plans – Our attorneys have extensive experience drafting compliance programs tailored to fit the needs of each client’s organization.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance and breaches – Our focus is advising our clients on their compliance obligations under HIPAA, and guiding them through their obligations under HIPAA in the event of a breach. We also represent clients facing complaints.
- Medicare and insurance audit consulting and appeals – We have decades of experience advising and defending health care providers and professionals in both Medicare and private payer post-payment audits and overpayment appeals. We also assist health care providers and professionals with appeals of disaffiliation and departicipation determinations by health plans.
- Professional license defense – We represent physicians, psychologists, physical therapists and other health care professionals facing a complaint or investigation by a state licensing board.
Williamson Health Law is here to help you run a successful practice. All our attorneys practice exclusively in health law and have the skills and experience needed to provide you with comprehensive guidance for your entire business.